Mechanikai Laboratórium Studyjny Mechlabor translates to Mechanical Laboratory Telecommunication Experimental Company.
Established in 1949, Mechlabor consolidated several smaller plants. The main offices were located in Budapest in the Gorky alley (today the City Park alley).
Originally this company produced military and intelligence recording equipment and in 1954 started producing studio recorders. Reporter tape recorders, cassette machines and turntables would follow.
Until 1972, the factory was located in Dunakeszi, near the airport. From 1972, the production of studio recorders was moved to a new factory unit in Pécs. Studio tape recorders were produced from 1958-1993
A good Hungarian resource on Mechlabor
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.